La Vie En Rose is a classic French song that was made famous by the legendary singer Edith Piaf. The song has been covered by many artists over the years, but it remains one of the most iconic French songs of all time. In this article, we will take a closer look at the lyrics of La Vie En Rose and provide some tips on how to pronounce the French words correctly.
Understanding the Lyrics
The lyrics of La Vie En Rose are all about the joy and beauty of falling in love. The song talks about how everything in life seems to be better when you are in love, and how the world is transformed into a beautiful place. The lyrics are simple and poetic, and they capture the essence of what it feels like to be in love.
Here are the full lyrics of La Vie En Rose:
“Des yeux qui font baisser les miens
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche
Voila le portrait sans retouche
De l’homme auquel j’appartiensQuand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en roseIl me dit des mots d’amour
Des mots de tous les jours
Et ca me fait quelque choseIl est entre dans mon coeur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la causeC’est lui pour moi, moi pour lui dans la vie
Il me l’a dit, l’a jure pour la vieEt des que je l’apercois
Alors je sens en moi
Mon coeur qui bat”
Pronouncing the Words Correctly
French pronunciation can be tricky, especially for non-native speakers. However, with a little practice, you can learn how to pronounce the words in La Vie En Rose correctly.
Here are some tips on how to pronounce the words:
- The “e” in “yeux” is pronounced like the “eu” in “jeu”.
- The “u” in “baisser” and “sur” is pronounced like the “u” in “tu”.
- The “ch” in “bouche” is pronounced like the “sh” in “shoe”.
- The “o” in “portrait” is pronounced like the “o” in “port”.
- The “e” in “retouche” is pronounced like the “e” in “pet”.
- The “a” in “homme” is pronounced like the “a” in “father”.
- The “oi” in “moi” is pronounced like the “wa” in “water”.
- The “e” in “apercois” is pronounced like the “e” in “pet”.
- The “eu” in “coeur” is pronounced like the “eu” in “jeu”.
- The “ai” in “connais” is pronounced like the “e” in “bed”.
La Vie En Rose is a beautiful French song that has captured the hearts of people all over the world. By understanding the lyrics and practicing the pronunciation, you can learn to appreciate the beauty of the song even more. So go ahead and give it a try!